- XML - The XML 1.0 W3C Recommendation is where all the fuss starts. This is a document that explains the details of XML, and it is the authority. See also Tim Bray's Annotated XML Specification.
- DOM - This is the W3C Recommendation for the Document Object Model which is the established method of in-memory XML manipulation on which major industry component APIs are based. firstobject's EDOM is inspired by DOM, but not derived from it. See also DOM 2 and so on.
- SAX - The Simple API for XML specification is the established mechanism for reading XML via callbacks without loading the full document into memory.
- MSXML - MSXML is the Microsoft component underlying Microsoft's XML functionality. This link is also the landing point for all of Microsoft's XML developer resources.
- XML.ORG - a community for people involved in XML-related standards and specifications, hosted by OASIS.
- XML.com - an online magazine for XML-related technologies run by O'Reilly.
- XML at Sun - dedicated to highlighting Sun's technical leadership in developing open XML standards.